Thursday, March 13, 2008

Forbidden Entry

Forbidden Entry
I remember that day…….
Yeah, I was standing right there when……..
Why do those times always come back
to torture us with what happened then?
They are not usually happy-go-lucky days;
days of love, friendship, happiness, and joy.
They are days of darkness, pain, sorrow, and fear
So we place ourselves there and we place ourselves here.
We mark our lives by days of loss
Memorializing forever what tragedy costs
In my life were King, the Kennedys, and 9-11
We still carry their crosses from here to heaven
Our polished internal shrines often compete with real events
As we shape our what’s and our where’s to fit
How easily we forget people we see everyday
The pass through us like ghosts and then they fade away
Let some horrid event dominate the news
Then everyone remembers the place, the time, those shoes
I must confess to you that in all my joys and pain
From pleasure at night and heartache in the morn
The one place I was that made me whole
Was being there the day I was born

No comments: